The Incorporated Village of Island Park is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in one of our open positions, please download and fill out the Job Application and return it to the Village Office.
BUILDING AND PLUMBING INSPECTOR (P/T)
The Village of Island Park is seeking qualified candidates for the position of part-time Building and Plumbing Inspector.
Duties to Include:
- Conduct field inspections of new construction and alterations of existing structures to determine compliance with specifications and to ensure adequate workmanship and proper quality of materials used;
- Inspect building locations and excavations to ensure adherence to legal requirements and safety and health regulations;
- Inspect plumbing and heating installations to ensure proper location, size, quality and workmanship as prescribed by codes, ordinances and regulations;
- Investigate complaints of possible violations of building, zoning, plumbing and related codes, ordinances and regulations;
- Explain and interpret legal requirements of governing codes to constituents, contractors and others;
- Reinspect to ensure violations corrected;
- Review plans and specifications for compliance with legal requirements; recommend and approval of same and issuance of permits for approved construction work;
- Maintain records on inspections and reinspections of all violations and prepare related reports;
- Assist in preparation of material for hearings or court proceedings; as required.
Commensurate with experience